Dr. Cris Piessens has more than 30 years of experience, placing dental implants since 1987.
He is fluent in 5 languages: Dutch, English, French, German and Portuguese.
DR. CRIS PIESSENS
Dr. Cris Piessens in the sunny Algarve offers dental implants at an affordable price at a time that suits you.
Speaking of dental surgeon Cris Piessens is to make reference to one of the most notable names in the history of European dental implant surgery.
A quick read of the high points of his career would be sufficient to certify the value of a truly unique life course. After earning a degree in dental surgery from the Université Libre of Brussels medical school, the owner of the Cris Piessens Clinic sought to deepen his knowledge of the field of implantology, following the teachings of Professor Chantal Malevez – one of the pioneering authorities of the specialty, as well as one of the professors that had left a mark on the academic course of the young Belgian.
Having had the privilege of assisting in the surgical procedures of Professor Chantal Malevez, he has made a point of focusing on the benefits of continuous training, characterized by his presence in courses and training programs that took him from his home country to such cities as Vienna, for example, (having attended the first course in surgery given by the first biocare Nobel) Amsterdam, and Los Angeles.
A polyglot, traveller and always apt to expand his personal horizons, Cris Piessens performed his first implant surgery in 1987. Today, thirty years later, he has become an indisputable authority in this field.
Enchanted by the virtues of southern Europe, and taking full advantage of his linguistic skills, he came to the city of Albufeira – in the heart of the Algarve – where he chose to develop a clinic that has offered since 1992, the most sophisticated oral treatments, bolstered by the latest technology and the most recent advances in scientific training.
This is an oral health space that – in conjunction with minimally invasive procedure protocols in the field of implantology (such as the well known All-on-4) – has pioneered the development of a room exclusively equipped for surgical procedures.
Why choose Dr Cris Piessens?
Belgian born Dr Cris Piessens is one of western Europe’s more experienced implantologists, placing dental implants since 1987.
- Today, he places between 400 and 500 dental implants every year;
- Your initial consultation will be with Dr Cris Piessens himself because he does not employ medical agents or consultant surgeons. Dr Cris Piessens ethos of unparalleled patient care begins with the first consultation;
- Quoted fees are all inclusive (no hidden extras);
- Any additional consultations are free;
- The Implant Suite at the clinic was inaugurated in 2003 to provide the latest equipment and technology in a sterile environment for placing dental implants;
- His clinical experience and continued academic postgraduate courses have made him a leading practitioner in the field of dental implants and oral rehabilitation. With his significant level of expertise you know you are in safe and experienced hands;
- All staff at the Cris Piessens Dental Clinic speak fluent English;
- All staff at the Cris Piessens Dental Clinic are members of the Ordem dos Médicos Dentistas (the regulatory body for Portuguese dentists);
- The medical & dental diplomas of all staff members are valid in every country of the European Union;
Before you arrive
- The first step is to contact Dr. Cris Piessens when you will be asked about the nature of the treatment you require and your dental history.
- You will then be given detailed information and price estimates before you book your flight.
- You have the choice of booking your own accommodation and transport or we can arrange this for you.
- All appointments are scheduled prior to your arrival.
While you are here
Immediately upon your arrival in the Algarve you will be seen by Dr. Cris Piessens who will conduct a clinical examination, CBCT Technology (Cone Beam Computed Tomography), impressions and photos will also be taken.
As you are a Very Important Patient, all these appointments are made before your arrival and a member of our staff will accompany you at all times.
On the day of implant placement you will receive some sedative premedication, so that under normal local anesthesia you can relax and undergo a totally painless treatment.
You will leave the clinic a few hours later with a new temporary crown (depending on the individual case – most are fitted immediately or within 24 hours).
Some bruising and swelling will eventually occur the next day. Post-operative pain is mostly very moderate.
You will be given an antibiotic to prevent infection, a painkiller if needed, a disinfectant mouthwash to disinfect and ice to recover fast and comfortably.
The following day Dr. Cris Piessens will give you a further examination and adjust your new teeth if necessary.
At the end of the week, after sutures are removed, a final check will be carried out.